Tuesday, January 18, 2011

English Class...

I have a person who harassed me as a child for a classmate... I don't care though, she's just as miserable as I was, perhaps more. Since I wasn't the one who took my frustration out of others... at least not until pushed. I can see her suffering, even now, and wonder what tragic events lead her to become this way. I wonder if she recognizes me... Though I doubt it, she hasn't seen me for about six years, and has probably moved on with her bitter little life. When I say this, I don't feel contempt, only pity. It makes me feel terrible, that she will never have the laugh lines that I have. Now, more than ever, I believe that grade school is terrible for everyone.

I am worried that she might start something, but its college, so I don't think she will. I really do appreciate the experiences she, and others, gave me. Without struggling, I would be the person I am now. And I'm pretty happy with who I am. I can handle people better, I can handle anger better, I can handle criticism better than I used to, and without these experiences I would have never heard of Sophie Lancaster, I would never have wanted equality for everyone. I have felt a whole range of emotions in my lifetime; I believe this has deeply expanded my world. This has deeply enriched my human experience. In this knowledge, of my strengths and weaknesses, I feel secure.

Moving on. In class we had to do a 20 min free write on why we were there. Too short for me, but at least I mostly finished. That was all we had, since our teacher is stuck on Vale Pass. Its unfortunate, as I really wanted to get a feel for her teaching style, before its not too late to change classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment