Saturday, January 22, 2011

Organic Taiwan Jin Xuan Milk Dong Ding Oolong Tea


Type: Oolong. I love this tea... probably my favorite green tea so far. I got this as a sample from one of my orders from Ebay. The seller is berylleb. The tea comes in a single serving packet. First off, I think the packaging is beautiful!!! The tea is vacuum packed. The scent of this tea is incredible!! Its milky and sweet smelling. It brews very mellow in color. It a light green, but very transparent. The flavor is fresh and grassy, but not overpowering like Matcha can be. This tea is very mellow, its not at all bitter. Its very soothing to the pallet. Defiantly recommend this one. 10 out of 10!



1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. Thank you for sharing this review. I tried some today from the 2012 crop, sent to me as a sample from this same eBay seller! It is so wonderful! I've heard of Dong Ding Oolong and Jin Xuan Oolong both before, but never together like this. I'm not sure exactly how the two are combined. Is it a plant born from both varietals, or a mixture of the two teas? I'd like to find out more. It definitely has the milky flavor you speak of. It reminds me of the White Rabbit candies you can find in an Asian market. It also seems to have a peach flavor to it, or something similar and fruity. I'd give it at least a 9/10. It really is a treat!

    ReplyDelete