Saturday, January 22, 2011

Review: Isla Del Sol Cigar

Cut: Guillotine. Light method: Wooden match. Wrapper: Sumatran infused with coffee. Filler: Nicaraguan. Type: Colorado Claro. Body: Mild to medium. Length: Churchill - 7in long, 20mm wide. Smoke time: 50 - 60 min for me. Draw: Easy. Initial scent: Moist soil. This cigar is one from my favorite brands: Drew Estate. If find I enjoy their infusions better than some other companies. This cigar develops nicely. Very complex, there's a flavor change about once every inch to half inch. I bought this for about $7 at my local Smoker Friendly. I didn't get any/very much coffee flavor with this cigar, but I had a whole range of others. First few draws are very tobacco-y. Lolz. Its a nice introduction to this cigar, because sometimes I find that the actual flavor of tobacco gets lost in cigars... especially infused ones. I also get apples. Very fruity! Mild, sweet, and fruity in an unexpected way. I was expecting a type of fruit, but not the one I got. Second inch in, I get cinnamon. Third inch, I get coconut chai and pear. I also get a note of amaretto.

I like this cigar because it was super surprising!!! It was like a Summer Ale, very light, but complex and fruity. 9 out of 10.

I find it very amusing, as I'm watching the video counterpart of this review, that when I was first starting out on Youtube; I was very uncomfortable talking on camera. Now I feel uncomfortable NOT talking on camera!!!

2 comments:

  1. Their cigars are well crafted. This is a acceptable all about smoke good made, best flavor and a abundant smell, just a acceptable accustomed smoke.

    havana honeys

    ReplyDelete