Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rice Aroma Pu-erh Tea

Type: Black; Pu-erh. I love Pu-erh, while black tea is my favorite, Pu-erh is my favorite black tea. I got this from Ebay, from berylleb, this was another sample they sent me with my purchase. The initial aroma of this tea is very starchy and warm. The tea comes in these compacted little disks, I was honestly afraid to try these at first since they come from a different country without the FDA... Not that I trust the FDA, but it was a very learned fear... Of course I had gotten these right after watching The Human Centipede, so my mind was a bit warped. Hahaha! Anyway, I told myself that this tea would be soaked in boiling water, so I made some and drank it anyway! When water is poured over this tea its very fragrant!!! Its so beautiful and it smells exactly like cooking rice. The color is black-red with gold undertones. This does become a loose leaf tea, so you will need a strainer. I usually drink Pu-erh as milk tea, so the liquid becomes a tan-ish pink. The flavor is very smooth and mellow. It does taste a bit like rice, but not in the way Numi's Toasted Rice Green Tea. This teas is much more subtle, which I like considering that I find the Toasted Rice to be a bit... strong, overpowering.

I definitely recommend this!!! 10 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment