Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Narcolepsy...

I just posted a video I made for my Psychology Class... so I figured I'd write about what I learned. I originally wanted to do a video on SUNDS, or Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome. There just simply wasn't enough information on it... like whether or not it occurred in REM or Non-REM; basically like Nightmares, or Night Terrors.... So instead I interviewed my Roommate Nicolas Craft, who is a Narcoleptic. The Interview was conducted by Ashley King. HUGE thanks to both of them!!!! I actually got all of the footage I needed in about 4 takes, so that was amazing... they were AMAZING on camera. Ashley brought A LOT of much needed humor to the film. So I'm pretty happy with the film overall... The film was shot with a crew of four people, including myself!!! And this film was accomplished in EXACTLY 24 hours!!! Haha maybe I should do Insomnia Film Fest!!!

Narcolepsy is a neurological sleep disorder affecting 1 in every 2000 Americans... and nearly 3 million people around the world. (That was taken directly from Wikipedia, btw...)

Automatic Behavior is very similar to Sleepwalking...

Hypnagogia: A state of transition to wakefulness. Symptoms include sleep paralysis, hallucinations, and lucid dreaming, to name a few.

Cataplexy is a sudden weakening of the muscles, sometimes brought on by strong emotions.

Narcolepsy

No comments:

Post a Comment