Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Review: HardCandy Sheer Envy Primer and Illamasqua

I like this a lot! This is $8 at Walmart, but its 1.6 fluid ounces! My Illamasqua primer is only 1oz. for 19 euro, but I got a discount which was 20% off, so I got mine for about four euro off... So 17 euro plus shipping. The reason I actually got a discount is because there was some sort of shipping problem. And they didn't ship my order... which happens around the holidays, its pretty common, and I'm glad we have it all figured out. Here's what I'm worried about... I still haven't received either package. The first package is pretty late... like three weeks to a month... but again it is the holiday season and the mail system has been slow since the bombs from Yemen were found... so it will take longer... I just wished I had a tracking number...

Okay... Back on subject. I just got this today, so I've only tried it a little bit, so I guess this is more of a first impression than a review... I don't know if I can steal that or not since Xsparkage has already used it for her video line and probably for blogs too. Oh well. The consistency is really interesting. It has several types of silicone in it, Dimethicone, silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer and several others. So if you have an allergy to silicone.... DO NOT USE THIS!!!! I had to shake mine before application, it seems to separate pretty easily. Coming out of the tube... the primer itself is white but it blends clear. The texture is kinda like collagen. Like hydrated collagen or really thick Jell-o. It blends really well... very smooth, but like most silica based products it doesn't exactly dry, or at least it doesn't feel like it does. Its very light weight, but I can't tell how it will do with fine lines or large pores.

I'd like to mention that this company, DOES NOT test on animals which is always a good thing. It's cheap, accessible, and you get quite a lot of product for the price. Hard Candy also has really good quality products. I definitely recommend them! As I use this, I'll probably post an update as well as a comparison between Hard Candy and Illamasqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment