Friday, December 31, 2010

E.L.F Package First Impression!

Here's what I ordered:

Eyelash curler:... this is the first one I've ever owned or used. It came with an extra silicone pad which is really considerate! This was from their studio line. I bought this for $3.

Mineral Eyeshadow primer: This was $3

Shimmer eyeliner pencil: I got two of these one in Bandit, which is black with subtle sparkle, and the other in Twinkle Teal, a green shimmer, foiled color. I love these, just trying them, they are so smooth! There's a sharpener in the cap, which is nice if your traveling. These were a dollar each.

Eye Widener: Basically a shimmery white eyeliner. Its SO SMOOTH!!! The color is beautiful! I can't wait to use this! This was also a dollar!

Clarifying Pressed Powder: I got this in Ivory. It's a matte powder, its so smooth and seems to have pretty good coverage, but I got this to use as a setting powder. I think it will work wonderfully for this. It came with a puff, but I think a brush will work better. This was a dollar!

High Definition Powder: This also cam with a puff, but I'll also be using a brush with it. There's powder on the container, which isn't very professional. It shows that this wasn't packaged correctly and its a waste of product! I know this is fairly cheap, but no one wants to waste money. The powder is white, which means that it won't muddy foundation, like Mineral Veil does. I think the powder will work perfectly as a setting powder. Its very smooth. I bought this for $6

Body Glow: This is one of E.L.F.'s new products. This also came with a puff and I might use it since brushes can buff away the powder and transfer it very easily. This was packaged really well! I like the container. The powder is really shimmery! Its sort of a pale gold and you get SO much product. This was $6.

Natural Radiance Blusher: I was a little confused on how to open it, but I finally figured it out. It opens like a drawer, but its really had to open! In fact I just cut myself trying to get it open. Please, if you get this be vary careful getting if open, I literally just cut a chunk out of my skin. As a company, you probably don't want to make your costumers bleed trying to get your product open. If you do get it open, don;t let it click when you close it. I got this in the color Glow. Its such a beautiful color, but the container is so small! But for a dollar, how much product can you expect. Powder is very nice, great pigmentation, very smooth powder. I think this will blend really well!

Studio Blush: I got three of these at $3 each. The containers are great! They resemble NARS packaging. It comes with a little mirror. You get quite a lot of product. The texture of the powder is great! The first color I got is Peachy Keen, its not quite as pigmented, and its more of a glow-y color. I think it will be great for a subtle look, the color is more brown than peach, but I can use this as a bronzer! The next is Tickled Pink, I LOVE this color! I wish the color payoff was better, but its matte. This is my first matte blush, I think it will be interesting to use. The last color is my favorite!!! Its a color called Blushing Rose. It looks really dark, but its so beautiful. A red rose color with gold-ish micro glitter. Color pay off is really good! The color is amazing on the skin, but the glitter doesn't come through as much as I'd like. This color is a little iridescent, which is what most people would call duo-chrome. I love it!

Shimmering Facial Whip: I think this product can be used so many different ways! I'm really excited about it! I have the color Lilac Petal. You could use this by mixing it with your tinted moisturizer or foundation to make it dewy(I think e.l.f suggests this.), You could use this as a lip tint, either by mixing it or using it on it's own, a high light, eye shadow base, ect! Consistency is nice and creamy, and its very light, it blends well. It has a great smell, very subtle orange. I wish the lilac came out more. This was a dollar!

Lip lock Pencil: This is just a translucent lip liner, I'm not sure how it will work, but I think its really interesting! I just opened it and it broke... I'm not even sure how. I think I can still work with it, but it sucks that it broke... I think its because the packaging doesn't fit securely around the product... There's a lot of space around the product! Which is weird because this is one of their studio products. This was $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment