Friday, August 6, 2010

My Chasen

Okay so a while ago... this was about a week after I had gotten my chasen from Hibiki-an, the bamboo started to split! I couldn't believe it.... I was outraged! But I recognized that it isn't the fault of Hibiki-an. Its my fault because I didn't get the Kusenaoshi with my chasen when I placed the order, given, this was my first order and I wanted to make sure everything would work out, it is still my fault. What cracked was the bamboo handle of the chasen, I believe that this was due to the fact that I allowed my chasen to dry upside down. Rather it should simply be dried on the Kusenaoshi where the water can drip down the bristles and not enter the handle at all. This was the first time I had gotten a chasen without having a Kusenaoshi before hand, so it was my mistake that cracked my chasen. So I've tied a red ribbion around it for luck and protection, and of course bought a Kusenaoshi, which has helped tremendously.

Please keep this in mind if you intend on getting a chasen, for the first time or any time after.

No comments:

Post a Comment