Monday, May 2, 2011

Dating Vs. Going Steady

Okay so I was recently asked if dating still exists, this question was posed by a teacher btw, and I said that I still dated. No one else really knew what that meant, so here's my thoughts on the subject. I'm pretty old school, so when someone asks me out on a date I assume they mean a casual meal, not a commitment or anything else. I believe that dating two people isn't cheating, because its having a meal with someone and not taking it any further than that.

Going steady is, of course, steadily dating just one person, otherwise known as being their girlfriend/boyfriend. It seems that people these days assume that dating is going steady, and I think that people can get really confused when it comes to people like me, who still have these old fashioned ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment