Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Aveeno Clear Complexions Foaming Cleanser

I think this is my fifth bottle... I have no idea why I haven't reviewed this before. Lets see I started using this when I was about 14. I really like this for the gentle cleansing action it provides. Now I WILL NOT call this a foaming cleanser, while the dispenser does dispense the cleanser as a foam, the foam doesn't  last. AT ALL. The foam may last a couple of seconds at most.

This product contains the BHA known as salicylic acid. There's also; Butylene glycol, citric acid, cocamidopropyl betaine, disodium EDTA, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, fragrance, glycerine, glycine soja (soybean protein), PEG-16 soy streol, PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, polysorbate 20, sodium benzoate, sodium C14-C16 olefin sulfonate, sorbitol, water, xanthan gum.

Its strange that this product claims to be 'soap-free', but still contains glycerin, which is a form of soap.

This cleanser is Oil-free, Noncomedogenic, Soap-free, and Hypoallergenic.

This cleanser is the first of two that I use in my regime and it cleans pretty well, especially when mixed with pearl powder. I'm okay with the scent and it doesn't bother my super sensitive skin. I believe it does prevent breakouts, but you have to leave it on for about five min, as it is a chemical exfoliant. It's a bit drying, so I recommend using a moisturizer after washing your face, which you should do anyway. After cleansing, my face does feel a bit tight, but again moisturizing will help. I don't support the claim that this evens skin tone. Overall, I give this 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment