Friday, May 13, 2011

Numi Jasmine Green Tea

(Green/herbal) As this is green tea, it has a moderate amount of caffeine. This tea is certified Kosher, certified Halal, USDA Organic, and is Fair Trade. I've always really liked Jasmine tea, this one is particularly good. When you open the package (they come in individual packs), the scent is purely Spring. You can thank the Jasmine flowers for that!

This tea brews up to be a transparent grass green color. Pretty typical of green tea. The Jasmine scents the tea itself; the scent doesn't go away after it's brewed. To brew this tea, Numi recommends that this tea should be a first boil tea. You boil the water first and then let it cool a bit before pouring it over the teabag. Then steep for 2-3 min. I disregard that last note, but I prefer my tea stronger than most. If you do steep for longer, be aware that the astringency will increase the longer you steep. You can also make this into an iced tea, but I have yet to do that, as it takes longer and I have a patience problem.

The flavor is very astringent, that's the squeaky feeling you get in your mouth after drinking green tea or eating a Pomegranate.  But it's a clean taste with a astringent aftertaste. I really like this tea and recommend it. 9 out of 10

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified Organic Green Tea and Organic Jasmine flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment