Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mentholatum Hand Veil Spf 15





I bought this from Sasa.com a couple of months ago. I was worried that it contained mentholatum, but it doesn't.

Ingredient List:
  • Urea (An organic ingredient found in Teeth whitening products, skin creams, ect. mainly used in dermatology to rehydrate the skin.)
  • Sodium Hyaluronate (also used in hydration)
  •  Daucus carota (Wild Carrot.)
  • Sativia(There are many variations of this species of plant, but I assume they mean A. sativia which is Oats. )
  • Aloe Barbadensis (Common Aloe, for hydration and cell restoration.)
  • Olea europaea (Olive Oil)
  •  Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba Oil)
  •  Hydrolyzed Keratin (Similar to Lanolin)
  • Prunus armeniaca (Apricot, could be apricot seed oil, which is great for hydrating the skin.)
  • Butylene Glycol (Skin conditioner. Type of organic alcohol.)
  • Phenyl dimethicone (Silicone derivative.)
  • Glycine (Buffering agent.)
  • Propylene glycol (Emulsifier)
  • Ricinoleate (Ricinoleic Acid. Unsaturated Omega 9 fatty Acid. Comes from Castor plant.)
  • Cellulose gum (derived from cellulose. Thickens and stabilizes mixtures.)
  • Magnesium sulfate (compound in Epsom salts. Used for Hydrating the skin.)
  • Algin (Comes from Brown Algae and is used to hydrate the skin.)
  • Menthol (Synthetic or derived from Peppermint, in this, used as a fragrance enhancer.)
  • BHT (Butylated hydroxytoluene. Used as an antioxidant.)
  • Alcohol (Solvent)
  • Paraben (preservative.)
  • Fragrance
  • Olefin (Alkene. Used in toiletries, but not sure what its for. Olefin Sulfate, however, is a detergent.)
  • Polyglyceryl Pentaoleate (Skin conditioner and emollient.)
  • PEG-1 Distearate (Thickener.)
  • Mulberry Bark Extract.
  • Arbutin
NOTE: I'm not sure how complete this list is. Please double check if you have any concerns. If you happen to find anything please let me know! Thanks.






I really like this hand cream. It contains Spf 15 which is nice, especially since it's a whitening hand cream. Contains Arbutin and Mulberry, which both lighten freckles and scars. Since I've been using this cream, I've noticed significant results in the look of the backs of my hands. My freckles have lightened and the tone is more even.

This cream absorbs really quickly and hasn't caused any irritation. It makes my hands super soft and smooth. As far as I've noticed, it doesn't leave a greasy residue, but it does have a mild residue which is mostly noticed when my hands get wet. Its not terribly annoying, but I could see some people having issues with it.

The fragrance isn't terrible, in scent or in power. Its a very mild, sweet scent, and once this cream absorbs it's completely unnoticeable.  

Price wise, this is very affordable! I bought this at Sasa.com for $2.50.


Overall, this is one of my favorite products so far. So 10 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment