Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jaclyn Smith's California by Dana

(Woman's) (Old Fashioned Amber Musk) I like this, it takes me back to the 80's. (Keep in mind I was born in the early 90's, but I have a feeling you get what I'm saying!) This fragrance does remind me of California, but more towards the LA area. California came out in 1989, so I guess the 80's essence makes sense.

   
  

According to fragrancenet.com, this perfume includes: floral aldehydes, exotic woods, and low notes of vanilla, musk and oakmoss. I love oakmoss, its why I bought this fragrance... plus the vanilla and the musk. I get the sweetness of vanilla, I definitely get the musk, I get the aldehydes, but not the woods or the oakmoss. I also smell amber and maybe a little light incense. I think that's what reminds me so much of the 80's, as these scents used to be more popular.

Overall, it nice and nostalgic, and it does remind me of hot California nights. So I like it, it's pleasant. 7 out of 10.

1 comment: