Friday, November 26, 2010

S.O.P.H.I.E.

Today was Sophie Lancaster's Birthday, she would have been 24. S.O.P.H.I.E. stands for Stamp Out Prejudice, Hate, & Intolerance Everywhere. I know Illamasqua is one place where you can donate to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation, there are others too, mostly theater companies. If you don't know who Sophie Lancaster was, she was, in my opinion, a BEAUTIFUL young woman, who was viciously attacked by a group of teens for being Goth. Her and her boyfriend were walking home from a park and were attacked. Her boyfriend, Robert Maltby, recovered,though he was in a coma for quite a while. Sophie actually saved his life by covering him with her body! Sophie, however, never regained consciousness and later died from the wounds she had sustained.

This, for sure, isn't the only place that an attack like this has occurred, but it did get pretty astounding media attention. But today is one of those days where we "Subculture Freaks", a term I use Lovingly, can really band together. No matter where we place on the subculture field, this is one of those days we can really support each other.

S.O.P.H.I.E

No comments:

Post a Comment