Thursday, November 4, 2010

Movie Reviews: Paranormal Activity 2

I just went to see this film on Tuesday. I really liked Paranormal Activity, I found the low budget docu-drama style to be fairly appealing, so I went to see the second. I'm going to try not to spoil, but this movie is a prequel to Paranormal Activity. They, rather successfully, add a slight back story, which sort of explains things a bit. Here's what I don't like about Western Horror Movies, the Screamers. Now if your movie savvy, then you'll already know what a screamer is, but for those of you who don't its a LOUD noise, usually high pitched, like a scream, followed by a sudden movement. This isn't scary, but it almost always causes a reaction. True fear is silent, it's a absolutely foreboding feeling, or the absolute feeling of dread. This has everything to do with the plot and the acting, and very little to do with special effects or editing. Fear is much harder to create, while screamers offer cheap thrills! So, back to my point, PA2 has A LOT of screamers, but it also makes you think. It makes you question, though I must admit, some of the questions are, in fact, questioning the acting, plot, special effects, ect. I honestly wonder where they are going to take this film next. I do hope there is a third, but I hope it doesn't go past that. *cough, cough* SAW *cough, cough*

Paranormal Activity 2: 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment