Monday, September 6, 2010

When I was seven...

I've always had a problems with my ears, ever since I came to this country. I don't really know what it is, maybe the climate. None of my doctors could really figure it out either. I've had so many ear infections... its ridiculous. I lost count at about 50... this was when I was late in my 7th year.... This is pretty much how the first half of my life was... I don't remember a time when I didn't have a ear infection. Its gone away since then, and I haven't had an ear infection in about five years.

Anyway, so it was in the early winter of my seventh year. I was riding in the old pickup my father had; heading to the doctor. Margie was at my right; Milt to my left. I remember it was just as we were leaving New Castle, heading to Glenwood. All of a sudden, I heard a very loud pop. Like someone had popped a balloon inside my head! I don't remember any pain, which leads me to believe that there wasn't any. So I started to fidget with the cotton balls in my ears, and when I removed the one in my right ear, puss just started leaking out of my head. When we arrived at the doctor's, we discovered that my eardrum had ruptured from the infection.

Now my eardrum has repaired, just as any bone does, but I'll always remember that point in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment