Sunday, September 19, 2010

Coming Out to a Christian Friend

Why can't you understand the pain you've caused me?
Why can't you respect me anymore?
I'm still a human being!
I'm still your friend!
Why can't you love me anymore?
We've known each other for eight years,or more.
Why can't you understand?
Why can't you relate.
We're not that different, can't you see?
Can't you see how much you hurt me when you call me up and ask me if I want to go to church with you?
It took me eight years to trust you,
But I see I've made a mistake.
Always fighting, always yelling.
It doesn't have to be this way!
I never lied to you, never betrayed you, never told your secrets!
Your mom has always hated me, now why do you?
You have no reason to hurt me this way!
I hope someday, one day, you'll change your mind.
Respect me,
Love me as your sister again.
But until that day comes, please let me be.
In peace, in love, in charity.

2 comments: