Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sun Tea

I started by filling this glass container with filtered water. This container hold 64oz.

I was looking for a black tea for this and found this stashed away. I don't really like Lipton teas, but I wild berry sounded good for Iced Tea.

 Because I'm using a 64 oz container, I put in 8 tea bags. Basically, a bag per 8 oz. I like my tea strong, so depending on your preference add as much tea as you like. Sun tea can also be made with loose leaf tea.




Here, I've gathered the ends and knotted them for easy removal. 


 I've secured the ends with a black rubber band.


 Put the lid on.

 Cover with a couple Coffee filters and secure with a rubber band.
 I set this outside in a full sun area at 7:30 am.
 Here the tea is at 3:00 pm.
 Here it is a 5:00 pm.
 I brought the tea in a 5:00.
 Add a half cup of sugar, or to taste.
 Stir well and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment