Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dream... and a little insight it gave me.

I had a strange dream, but it was good. It told me something my heart needed to hear. Gave me hope. Told me, no matter what anyone says, no matter what anyone else thinks... love is real, even if its between two completely impossible things, if love is present there, its real.

Also, that you can't sum up a person. Like when people ask 'What's your type?' realistically you can't answer. You can't start with the physical aspects because then your description will be shallow and insincere. You can't start with the emotional, because that is unrealistic as well, for instance, love and passion are fueled by instinct, by chemicals, and by physical attraction. These things fuel passion, they make people seek each other out. But love is a combination of these things and emotion, so to describe a person that you love in a single sentence or even a single paragraph is impossible. You'll end up offending yourself and coming to the defense of what you love when someone states that your description is shallow, weak, ect.

People fall in love with their ideals, men with their idea of the perfect woman, women with their perfect man. These can also be homosexual, but for my current purposes I'm using the Heterosexual versions. This is what makes people seek out love, they look for people who match their ideals. Some find them some don't. I would almost call this process an innate one, because if you ask a five year old what they think about 'Prince Charming' or 'Princess Whatever', they often say yes, that's what I like, or no, I like something else. I hope that made sense, but I know it didn't. This is before puberty and sexual interest is established. You most clearly see this in childhood crushes, around the same age, and again this is before the said established interest.

Basically, I'm saying that there isn't just a sex drive, but a drive for love as well.... Now this is getting to hypothetical and scientific. Which isn't what I want... love isn't logical. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that you can't realistically describe your perfect lover, because unless you have sufficient time to interlace your emotional desires, physical desires, and have an awareness of what chemical responses effect you, then you can't describe it,and that's even before trying to word it aloud.

I know what I want, but its not physical enough to tell you... I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment