Monday, July 2, 2012

Jaded: The trials of being Bi

Being Bisexual is one of the hardest things in the world. Even if we are a part of the LGBT community, we're still taboo. Still outcasts. I feel mocked by all of the stupid, insecure girls who try to be by just to get guys... Or get fed up with men and decide to pretend to be lesbian. People like that don't know what its like or how hard it is to truly be bi. Bisexuals don't fit in on either side, we're not gay and we're not straight. Lesbians think I'm weird for liking men. But I was born this way... I can't help that I'm attracted to men. Many lesbians won't date a bi girl. It hurts... that we are rejected, in part, because there are so many straight girls pretending to be bi... No one wants to get hurt, so many lesbians assume all bi girls are really just straight girls playing games.This is what I'm left to assume of course. I've had girls who I've really like reject me because they were lesbian and I was bi. It feels like someone rejecting you based on the color of your skin... or your nationality. Love should transcend all boundaries. Race, Nationality, Gender, Sex, Identity, Class, Religion, etc, etc.

Love is as devastating a power as a hurricane, as any force of nature, and yet is as necessary to life as the rains that fall from the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment