Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Story about June 6th 2006

At that time I lived in New Castle. I had 7 pet chickens, all of which had been hand raised and hand fed their entire lives. Let's just say they were VERY friendly chickens. On the night of the 6th, someone came to my house in the middle of the night and killed them. No, not killed them... tortured them and ripped their heads off. So when we woke up we found our oldest chicken with her head completely detached and turned inside out. She was laid out on our porch right outside our door, her head just a few inches away.  Ebony was the sweetest chicken and she had always seemed so wise to me. She had old eyes and it was as if we had known each other in another life.  Next we found Rusty, my only Road Island Red, in the shed, her feathers were everywhere and I at least found peace that she had fought for her life before dying behind a bale of straw. We found Sunny, one of the twin White Leghorns, beneath the lilac tree. Blackie died a few hours later from shock. PeDee's body was never found. As for Whitey, the other Leghorn, and Angel, they survives their injuries, but had lost their minds in the process, either that or they had extensive brain damage, but they lived a few more years before dying of pneumonia.

So here's my question... How sick do you have to be to hurt something so helpless and innocent as a chicken. Seriously? How can someone hurt another person's pets... yeah okay maybe they didn't know that these were pets, but still they trespassed on privet property just to kill some little girl's chickens. I am well aware that my family isn't well liked, that I'm not very well liked, but don't take it out on animals. I don't care if it was about religion either... What those people did was wrong and I hope someday you get what you have given.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had to see this. Obviously the person/people who did this had no sense. One day life will teach them a lesson. Someday they'll remember this and wish they had acted differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just wish innocent animals didn't have to suffer because people didn't like me...

      Delete